Tax Preparation Services for Parker, CO
While it may be tempting to prepare and file your own taxes, it is often more advantageous to meet with a licensed CPA or tax accountant. A licensed CPA is always aware of the most current tax code and will better understand how any future tax law changes may affect you or your Parker, Colorado business. Working with a licensed CPA or tax preparer not only gives you peace of mind, but will likely result in additional savings especially if your tax return has become too complex. Keith P Clark CPA PC provides complete tax preparation services for individuals, families, and businesses across the Parker area.
Do I Really Need a CPA for Tax Preparation?
Whether your tax situation has become too complicated to handle on your own or you simply are looking to save time by having a professional take care of it, Keith P Clark CPA PC has the knowledge and experience to accurately and efficiently provide income tax preparation for individuals in Parker, as well as large or small business tax preparation.
By using a CPA for professional tax preparation services, you’ll save time, money, and even frustration in the long run. A licensed CPA or tax preparer can review and discuss various options and help you understand which tax deductions you may be eligible for hopefully resulting in further savings for you or your Parker business. Keith P Clark CPA PC provides an honest and straightforward approach to tax preparation services and will work closely with you to get an accurate understanding of your unique situation. Whether you own your own business, are considering a distribution from an IRA or 401k, or simply prefer a professional handling all your tax requirements, a licensed CPA like Keith P Clark CPA PC will accurately and efficiently provide any tax services you may need.
How to Choose a CPA for Tax Preparation Services
It’s important to remember that the taxpayer is legally responsible for what they file with the IRS even if their return was prepared by an outside individual or firm. This is why it’s necessary to choose your CPA for tax preparation services with caution and a reasonable amount of research.
You’ll know you’re working with a reputable tax preparer if they want to see receipts and ask you a lot of questions when they are reviewing expenses and deductions. Choosing a qualified CPA for tax preparation services will help you to avoid penalties, interest, or additional taxes that could result from an IRS examination. Always remember it will be you who is ultimately responsible for your tax return and any resulting penalties or interest.
Some Tips for Choosing a Tax Preparer (From the IRS Website)
- Be cautious of tax preparers who claim they can guarantee large refunds!
- Avoid tax preparers who base their fee on a percentage of the refund.
- Use a reputable tax professional or CPA who signs the tax return and provides a copy.
- Consider whether you’ll be able to contact the individual or firm with answer questions about the tax preparation months, or even years, after the return has been filed.
- Check the CPA or tax professional’s credentials. Only attorneys, certified public accountants (CPAs) and enrolled agents can represent taxpayers before the IRS in all matters such as audits, collection and appeals. Some return preparers may only represent taxpayers for audits of returns they actually prepared.
- Find out if the preparer is affiliated with a professional organization that provides its members with continuing education and resources to keep them current on tax law. Also check if the organization holds them to a code of ethics.